Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Truly a simple and easy way to make crepes. This is actually more of a technique than a recipe. Beat eggs, add enough flour to thicken to a thick cake batter consistency and then thin with milk, till the consistency of cream. Change the amount of eggs for more or less batter. Very easy and very versatile. And very yummy. Please note that ingredients are just estimates due to the technique.
- 3 -4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- vanilla extract (optional)
- nonstick cooking spray
- With a whisk, beat eggs till well mixed and then start to add the flour. Add enough to thicken the batter to the consistency of a thick cake batter (or brownie batter).
- Then slowly start to mix in the milk. Add enough milk to thin the batter out to the consistency of half and half. Add salt, and for sweet crepes, the sugar and vanilla. Mix.
- Heat a 9 inch nonstick pan over med. to med/high heat. Spray with non stick spray or grease with a small drop of butter.
- Using a small ladle or a 1/3 measuring cup, lift pan off stove and pour measured batter in, quickly swirling the batter to coat the pan. Keep swirling the pan till all the batter has solidified. Return to heat.
- Cook approximately 1- 2 minutes. You can flip and cook other side for another 45 sec. or just remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Fill with whatever you would like. My personal favorite is after flipping the crepe, I break an egg on the crepe and quickly scramble it and spread it out over the crepe, being careful not to tear the crepe. Add salt and pepper then a slice of ham and a bit of cheese. Wait a minute for the egg to cook and the cheese to melt and then fold in half and half again. Oh so good! My kids love sugar and cinnamon or jam, my husband loves lemon and sugar. And lets not forget nutella with bananas and toasted almonds.
We made this today. My children LOVED these crepes. We didn't have flour - so I used Buttermilk Pancake mis (the kind you still have to add the eggs, milk, etc). They couldn't get enough. Thank you so much!
It took me years to make decent pancakes, for some reason...tried this crepe recipe and the 1st time was great! My kids helped me stir, etc. Great!
This was very simple to make and turned out fabulously. My entire family gobbled them up. We served them with eggs and munster cheese inside for the adults and with light powdered sugar for the kids. I will deffinatly make these again!