Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A flaming dessert with chocolate and cream cheese. Please be careful not to set yourself, your husband or wife, or the house on fire. And no I am not joking about that. You are lighting dessert.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Flaming Lucifer Sauce
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons Creme de Cacao, divided
- 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 tablespoons rum
- Combine flour, salt, eggs and egg yolk. Gradually stir in milk and water. Beat until smooth. Chill for 1/2 hour. Heat crepe pan until very hot and brush with melted butter. Pour batter to form a very thin layer. Cook until golden brown and then cook other side. (Note from author: I never cook the other side of a crepe.).
- LUCIFER FILLING:.
- Whip together cream cheese, chocolate and enough milk to make fluffy filling. Spoon filling in crepes, roll, and serve with Flaming Lucifer Sauce.
- FLAMING LUCIFER SAUCE:.
- Combine butter, sugar, cornstarch and water in large skillet and heat, stirring, over low heat until butter melts. Add 3 tablespoons creme de cacao and simmer 5 minutes. Add remaining creme de cacao and brandy or rum . Ignite and pour over crepes.