1/2 Photos of Crepes for Sweet or Savory
I found this recipe on a food blog called Food Filled Life. It was my first attempt at crepes, and they came out looking and tasting wonderful! The possibilities for fillings are only limited by your imagination, and I made mine with seasonal berries, Greek yogurt inside (with the yogurt flavor to "go with" the berry), and a bit of light whipped topping and berries on top. I have included a few additional suggestions for fillings to get you started.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used almond milk, but any kind would work)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Beat eggs with whisk in medium bowl. Add milk to eggs and whisk. Add melted butter and whisk.
- 2Whisk together flour and salt in a small bowl.
- 3Add flour and salt to wet ingredients and whisk well until batter is smooth.
- 4Let sit for 1/2 hour.
- 5Adjust 1 burner to medium heat. Scoop a scant (a little less than) 1/4 cup of batter into a nonstick 8-inch fry pan, or crepe pan. There should be no need to add any oil.
- 6Move the batter quickly around the pan to evenly coat the bottom.
- 7Cook for 1-2 minutes each side, or until you see the sides of the crepe curl slightly.
- 8Continue with the remaining batter.
- 9Fill with your favorite sweets or savories while crepes are still warm.
- 10To store:
- 11While cooking, have a lined baking sheet handy to transfer the cooked crepes onto, so they don't overlap too much, and so any that aren't eaten can cool completely.
- 12Once cooled, stack the crepes, with a square of wax paper between each, and store in a Ziploc bag.
- 13Store in the refrigerator if planning on eating in a day, or store in the freezer for a month or so.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crepes for Sweet or Savory
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.4
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 116.8 mg
- Sodium 357.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g