Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on a food blog called Food Filled Life. It was my first attempt at crepes, and they came out looking and tasting wonderful! The possibilities for fillings are only limited by your imagination, and I made mine with seasonal berries, Greek yogurt inside (with the yogurt flavor to "go with" the berry), and a bit of light whipped topping and berries on top. I have included a few additional suggestions for fillings to get you started.
- Beat eggs with whisk in medium bowl. Add milk to eggs and whisk. Add melted butter and whisk.
- Whisk together flour and salt in a small bowl.
- Add flour and salt to wet ingredients and whisk well until batter is smooth.
- Let sit for 1/2 hour.
- Adjust 1 burner to medium heat. Scoop a scant (a little less than) 1/4 cup of batter into a nonstick 8-inch fry pan, or crepe pan. There should be no need to add any oil.
- Move the batter quickly around the pan to evenly coat the bottom.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes each side, or until you see the sides of the crepe curl slightly.
- Continue with the remaining batter.
- Fill with your favorite sweets or savories while crepes are still warm.
- To store:
- While cooking, have a lined baking sheet handy to transfer the cooked crepes onto, so they don't overlap too much, and so any that aren't eaten can cool completely.
- Once cooled, stack the crepes, with a square of wax paper between each, and store in a Ziploc bag.
- Store in the refrigerator if planning on eating in a day, or store in the freezer for a month or so.