Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
You guessed it...another of those recipes from my "old mags". LOL! I love filled crepes!
Make and share this Crepes Filled With Ground Meat recipe from Food.com.
For the crepes
- 10 ounces milk
- 5 eggs
- 5 ounces flour
- 4 teaspoons oil
For the filling and the sauce
- 3 scallions
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 ounces vegetable broth
- 14 ounces ground beef
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 5 ounces feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon flour
- Crepes: Beat the milk with the eggs, the flour and a dash of salt. Make 8 crepes in an 8 inches diameter skillet, using 1/2 teaspoons of oil for each one.
- Filling: Wash and cut the scallions in slices and in a skillet, fry these in oil.
- Mash the garlic and add it to the onion as well as 3/4 cup of vegetable broth and the ground beef.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Drain the meat with a strainer and reserve the juices.
- Season the meat with half of the sour cream and 1 teaspoons of pepper. Crumble the feta cheese and add it to the meat.
- Place 3 tablespoons of the meat in each crepe. Fold the edges and roll.
- Place the crepes on a greased pan.
- Sauce: With the reserved juices from meat, complete with the rest of the broth to make 1 cup and bring to a boil.
- Mix the remaining sour cream with the rest of the cayenne pepper, the flour, and add this to the "boiling" broth. Add salt to taste.
- Pour this "sauce" over your crepe rolls and bake at 350ºF for 15-20 minutes.
I love crepes these are very tasty
I came across this recipe when looking for something "special" to do with hamburger meat. These were very good, although I made a few changes. I felt that there was not enough flour for the crepes, so I used 1 cup, which seemed better, but still a little thin (especially to hold up to a substantial filling-they did, though!). Your recipe didn't say whether or not to simmer the sauce, for thickening, so I did...I think it would have been too thin, otherwise. My son and I like spicy, but I might cut down on the cayenne, in the sauce, next time. This was great, but as my son said, when I asked him why it didn't deserve 5 stars, "A recipe made with hamburger meat can really only rate 4 stars, right?"