Impressive guest dessert. When blueberries are not in season, they can be replaced with any other berries available. Raspberries or cranberries are very nice.(from low fat cooking)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 egg whites
- 7/8 cup skim milk
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- oil, for frying
- yogurt or light creme fraiche, to serve or fat free sour cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2To make the crepes, sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- 3Make a well in the center and add the egg whites, milk and orange juice.
- 4Whisk hard, until all the liquid has been incorporated and the batter is smooth and bubbly.
- 5Lightly grease a heavy or non stick pancake or crepe pan and heat it until it is very hot.
- 6Pour in just enough batter to cover the base of the pan, swirling it to cover the pan evenly.
- 7Cook until the crepe has set and is golden, then turn it to cook the other side.
- 8Remove the crepe to a sheet of kitchen paper.
- 9Cook the remaining batter to make 6 to 8 crepes.
- 10Place six small ovenproof bowls or moulds on a baking sheet up side down and lay the pancakes over these.
- 11Bake them in the oven for about 10 minutes or until they are crisp and set into shape.
- 12Lift the baskets off the moulds.
- 13Pare a thin piece of orange rind from on orange and cut it into fine strips.
- 14Blanch the strips in boiling water for 30 seconds, rinse them in cold water and set them aside.
- 15Cut all the peel and white pith from the oranges.
- 16Divide the oranges into segments, catching the juice, combine with the blueberries and warm them gently.
- 17Spoon the fruit into the baskets and scatter the rind over the top.
- 18Serve with yogurt, light creme fraiche or no fat sour cream.
- 19Do not fill the baskets too soon, should be done immediately before serving, to keep the crepe crisp.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crepes Basket With Blueberry and Orange
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.7 mg
- Sodium 66.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 6.6 g