Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I posted this in response to a request. This makes simple versatile crepes that can be used to make savory or sweet dishes. Top with powdered sugar, ice cream and warmed fruit or vegetables and cheeses.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 10 teaspoons butter or 10 teaspoons cooking oil
- mix flour and salt in mixing bowl.
- add the egg and half of the milk.
- using a whisk beat the egg and milk and gradually incorporate the flour.
- Continue beating until smooth and beat in the rest of the milk.
- heat a skillet of medium heat and ad 1 teaspoon of butter or oil.
- Tip: Use butter for sweet crepes, and oil for savory.
- Pour in enough batter to cover the base and swirl to cover the skillet.
- Cook for about 30-45 seconds.
- Flip the crepe with a spatula and cook the other side for about a minute until golden brown.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all the batter has been used.
Sorry but this did not work for us I got 7 crepes out of the mix but just could not get them to swirl in the pan to get that nice thin lacy look of a crepe. The taste of was fine and they went reasonably well with Chicken-Mushroom Crepe Filling. Thank you Pepper Monkey, made for Bargain Basement.