Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love these light crepes as a main course dish or as a dessert wrap. Remember not to add too much batter to the pan as these should be very thin.
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs into the bowl and stir completely.
- Next add salt, oil, and milk and mix thoroughly.
- When finished stirring let the batter set at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cooking: Pour two tablespoons of oil into a small bowl.
- Cut the potato in half and remove the skin the around flat end.
- Stick the fork into round end of the potato and dip it into the oil.
- Place a small non-stick fry/crepe pan over medium heat.
- Lightly grease pan with the flat end of the potato.
- Add a small amount of crepe batter to the pan.
- Immediately twist and turn the pan to cover the surface.
- The crêpe should be lightly browned on both sides.
- It is recommended that you cook as many crêpes as possible and refrigerate the leftovers.
These were a breeze to make and came out great. They went over very well with my family - they kept eating them as fast as I could make them. I sprinkled the warm crepes with cinnamon sugar and folded them up to serve as a quick snack. Note: I got way more than 6 for the yield - I think it was somewhere between 12-15 crepes total, using an 8" pan. Thank you for a fast, easy, and tasty recipe that I will use again.