Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gluten, egg, and dairy free! I used regular yogurt because I don't usually buy soy yogurt. Just a little sweetness--great for breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy yogurt
- 1 1⁄4 cups non-fat soymilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- fresh berries (be creative!) or kiwi (be creative!) or peaches (be creative!) or banana (be creative!)
- yogurt, your choice of flavoring and type
- chopped walnuts or slivered almonds
- Whisk together flours, salt, xanthan gum and sugar. Add yogurt, milk, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- lightly oil/cooking spray a 6 or 7 inch crepe pan. set over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of mixture into pan. With the back of a large spoon, smooth the mixture to the edges of the pan. Add a little more mixture if needed to fill holes in the crepe. The idea is to smooth the batter until it is thin as possible and the surface of the pan is visible through the batter. As batter begins to set, it is easier to do this.
- Cook crepe until edges are brown and pulling away from sides of the pan, about 4-5 minutes. Gently ease spatula under the crepe, making sure it is loosened completely (important!).
- Remove crepe to plate. Re-oil/spray pan and repeat until batter is used.
- Fill with fruit, yogurt, nuts or your choice of fillings. Sprinkle with cinnamon and top with powdered sugar, if desired.