Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can garnish crepes with dulce de leche, jelly, jam, marmelade, fuit and ice cream, etc...
Make and share this Crepes recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Sift the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Break the eggs into the well and add 1/3 of the milk. Gradually whisk the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until very smooth. Then whisk in the butter, remaining milk and vanilla. Let the batter rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Brush a crepe pan with the melted butter. Heat the pan over medium heat. Then poor about 2 Tbs batter, tilting the pan to thinly coat the bottom. Cook the crepes until golden brown. Then flip it with the spatula and cook the other side. Repeat to cook all the crepes.
My kids loved these-fabulous filled with jam, or just with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of sugar....wonderful.
I've used your recipe several times and forgot to write the review. I serve my with pears and brie cheese and top with a little powder sugar and honey. I get around 16 crepes using 2 heaping tablespoons of batter for each. I used a 7.7 oz brie wheel. Sliced it will fill about 15 crepes (oh well, the crepe is good without filling) and 3 pears do the trick for the filling. Easy to make and the 30 minute rest ensures the crepe stay together. Thanks so much for a great recipe!
These are delicious!!!! I filled them with raspberry jam and, oh boy did they go fast. Thanks for sharing your lovely recipe :)