These are the best crepes you will ever have. My husband did not like crepes until he had these. Try them you will love them. If you don't have a crepe pan, don't worry you can still make them in a small pan with low sides.
- Place sugar, flour, salt, eggs, and milk in large bowl; mix together using whisk until well incorporated.
- Whisk in warm water.
- Add melted butter and whisk again.
- Strain batter through sieve (if you don't have a sieve a wire stainer works good also) into a clean bowl, repeat 2 times.
- Lightly coat crepe pan with non-stick spray (Pam), heat pan over medium-high heat; once pan is hot pour in small ladle of batter.
- Tilt pan and rotate, causing batter to cover bottom of pan (try to do this fast, as the batter cooks fast).
- Cook 1 minute over medium-high heat until underside is lightly browned.
- Turn crepe over; cook 30 seconds.
- Stack crepes on plate and keep warm in warm oven as they are done.
- Serve with lemon, jelly, strawberries, or what ever you like.
- If looking for something to top your ctepes with this filling is to die for, but you can top them with what ever you like.
- 1 cup strawberry, washed and hulled.
- 1 cup raspberries washed (you can leave these out and double the strawberries if you don't like raspberries or can't find them).
- 2 tbsp syrup (see recipe for syrup below).
- 1 tbsp liqueur of your choice (can leave out if you want).
- 1 cup whipped cream.
- Place strawberries and raspberries in bowl; add syrup and liqueur; marinate 10 minutes.
- Gently mix whipped cream with berries.
- Recipe for the syrup:.
- 1 cup granulated sugar.
- 1/2 cup cold water.
- Place sugar and water in small saucepan.
- Set over medium heat, stir gently and boil until temperature reaches 212°F.
We LOVE these crepes! I have to admit I've been making these for some time and have finally gotten around to leaving a review... This is a fail safe recipe, I've never strained the batter, with careful incorporation of the ingredients I've never had lumps in the batter. I mix the dry ingredients first, add the milk and water, whisking briskly, drizzle in the butter, then add the eggs. These cook up beautifully, have a wonderful texture and are just delicious!
These were great! My first attempt at crepes and they turned out wonderfully. Recipe was easy and strainging was not a problem in my mesh collander. I stuffed mine with Nutella, bananas and strawberries then topped it with homemade Frangelico whipped cream.
I just tried this crepes recipe without straining it. Let me tell you, this is the best I have ever made. They were light and delicious. This is definitely a keeper.