Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
I came up with this and I tried it and it turned out perfect. I also took it to dish parties and everyone loved it. It is filling and the tastes blend just right, also very creamy! :D
For the crepes (makes about 15)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons butter
For the filling and sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 150 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- 50 g mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 200 g roast beef
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 chopped green peppers
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- For the crepes:.
- Heat a pan.
- Mix the milk, flour and eggs.
- Heat 1/4 tsp butter in the pan.
- Put a small amount of the mixture (the size of an espresso cup or 1/4 a normal cup) in the pan and cook until the mixture is solid and gets a light brownish color, then flip it and cook until the other side gets the same color. Immediately remove crepe from heat.
- Repeat process (each time adding 1/4 tsp butter to the pan before cooking the mixture).
- For the filling and the sauce:.
- Fry the onions and the peppers with the oil until the onions turn slightly orange then remove from heat.
- Mix the milk and flour in the blender.
- Cook mixture in a pot and stir constantly.
- When mixture begins getting thicker, add the parmesan cheese. Stir constantly until cheese melts, then remove immediately from heat.
- Leave out about 1/2 a cup from the cheese mixture to add on top later.
- Add the roast beef and salami and the prepared onions and green peppers to the mixture.
- Fill each crepe with a full tablespoonful of the filling. Roll it tightly and place in a flat casserole.
- Spread the remaining cheese mixture over the casserole and sprinkle the mozzarella inches.
- Cook for about an hour or until the top turns red.