Recipe by Rebdawg
White chili is a modern twist on an old standard. Creole White Chili is my twist on the new twist.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb fresh shrimp
- 1 lb andouille sausage, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cilantro
- blackening seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix spices (except blackening seasoning) together to make spice blend.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Render sausage in oil for 5-7 minutes.
- Add onions; cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, green chilies and spice blend; simmer 15 minutes.
- In a small pan melt butter for sauté. Heavily coat shrimp with blackening seasoning and sauté in melted butter 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Stir in beans and shrimp, reserving a few shrimp for garnish. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Top with onions.
- Garnish with Monterey Jack cheese and two blackened shrimp.