Recipe by Doglover61(aka Earnhardt)
My Mom used to make this when I was a kid and when I found it again I had to make it. And share it! It sounds odd, but it is yummy!!
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Earnhardt, I used veggie hotdogs for regular hotdogs. Hubby was shocked I made this for him. I used spaghettti sauce with mushrooms and other goodies in it. If I may be so bold to suggest the directions not be all in caps. Cut recipe down by at least half and used only 3 strips of bacon; omitted the salt. I kept wanting to put shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 3 cups minced onions
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes or 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb hot dog
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon & onion until tender/crisp.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add hot dogs, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Serve on buns.