Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
I have no clue as to why this is "Wedding Chicken", but you will love it. The prep time is the marinate time.
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 jar creole mustard
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 onion, sliced in rings
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 orange, sliced into rings
- Rinse chicken thoroughly and pat dry.
- Mix all above ingredients (EXCEPT: onions and oranges) and marinate chicken overnight.
- Arrange the onions and orange slices on top of the chicken in a covered baking dish.
- Pour marinade over chicken.
- Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour in a 350ºF oven or barbecue outside on the grill.
The marinade is wonderful, the chicken incredibly moist! I baked the chicken and was unable to eat with my family, but I warmed it up later and was a VERY content diner! Even warmed up it was very moist and we're talking chicken breast! I cannot wait to try this on the grill this summer. It's a no brainer to throw together (once I found creole mustard that is!) and cooking couldn't be easier either! Thanks Miss Annie for a terrific chicken dish!
This is one of those recipes that make you ask.....how did I miss this one?? Of all meats, we make chicken the most. Both of us really love finding new ways to make it. And this is a wonderful, easy, moist, and very yummy chicken dish! The creol flavor with the orange juice is excellent. This one went into my "keeper" file.
Oh Miss Annie, you have a winner here. I'm betting this is called "Wedding" chicken because this would be sure to get the chef a proposal! My family will be enjoying this recipe again and again.