Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This can be made with canned wax beans if fresh are not available.
- 2 -3 cups wax beans, cooked
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook onion and green pepper in oil and butter until onion is tender yellow.
- Blend in flour, add tomatoes with juice gradually and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and beans. Heat thoroughly.
I found this recipe while trying to find a way to get rid of a can of wax beans, and I'm glad I did. It was easy to make, colourful, and I think I actually like wax beans now...