Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe is from Pillsbury. Makes a nice meatless lunch or dinner for 2. Fill free to adjust toppings for your personal preference. I served these with cherry tomatoes and assorted olives on the side.
Top Review by Derf
The sauce for this was fantastic, sooo delicious! but the veggies burger was terrible!! it was like cardboard, maybe it was the brand or something but it will stop me from trying bought veggie burgers again! but we enjoyed the rest of the burger and I will make the sauce again to use on other recipes, bet it would be great on fish, thanks for the great sauce!!!
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 frozen veggie burgers (3.2 oz each)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- lettuce leaf
- red onion, slices
- fresh chives, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat a contact grill for 5 minutes.
- While the grill is heating, in a small saucepan, mix the chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and red pepper together; heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally while patties are cooking.
- Place the frozen patties on the bottom grill surface; close grill and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix together the dried garlic and black pepper, sprinkle over the patties and cook an additional 2 to 4 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Serve the patties on a bed of lettuce leaves topped with warm sauce and sliced red onion slices.