Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe is from Pillsbury. Makes a nice meatless lunch or dinner for 2. Fill free to adjust toppings for your personal preference. I served these with cherry tomatoes and assorted olives on the side.
- Preheat a contact grill for 5 minutes.
- While the grill is heating, in a small saucepan, mix the chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and red pepper together; heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally while patties are cooking.
- Place the frozen patties on the bottom grill surface; close grill and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix together the dried garlic and black pepper, sprinkle over the patties and cook an additional 2 to 4 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Serve the patties on a bed of lettuce leaves topped with warm sauce and sliced red onion slices.
The sauce for this was fantastic, sooo delicious! but the veggies burger was terrible!! it was like cardboard, maybe it was the brand or something but it will stop me from trying bought veggie burgers again! but we enjoyed the rest of the burger and I will make the sauce again to use on other recipes, bet it would be great on fish, thanks for the great sauce!!!
This made a very nice sauce to top my portobello veggie burger! I cut the recipe in half for one burger, left out the cayenne(I can't handle much heat). Thanks Paula! Made for the Australian Recipe Swap#24.