Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
From Diabetic Cooking March/April 2007 WW 4 points
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3⁄4 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Lightly coat 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow ooker liner with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, celery, broth, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and bay leaf.
- Cover; cook on LOW 9 hours or on HIGH 4-1/2 hours.
- Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat Add chicken; cook stirring frequently, 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker, along with remaining ingredients except parsely.
- Increase slow cooker temperature to HIGH.
- Cook 15 minutes. Stir in parsely. This is good served over rice.