Recipe by mailbelle
From Bumblebee tuna.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
This was very good. I stuffed them ahead of time so I didn't pre cook the mushrooms, just baked them at 400* until they were hot and broiled the cheese on top. I didn't have any carrots, but I added some celery, a bit of chopped okra, and used green onions. I also skipped the breadcrumbs to keep it lower in carbs, and topped with tomato slices.
- 1 (12 ounce) can chunk light tuna, well drained
- 8 medium portabella mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs (2 slices bread)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Brush tops of mushroom caps with 1 tablespoon oil and place on a baking sheet. Broil until almost tender, 3-4 minutes per side. Place cap-sides down on baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and saute the pepper, carrot and onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the Cajun seasoning and remaining 2 tablespoons butter; stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the breadcrumbs until well coated. Gently mix in the tuna.
- Fill mushroom caps with tuna mixture and top with 2 tablespoons cheese each. Broil until cheese melts.