1/1 Photo of Creole Tuna Portabella Melts
From Bumblebee tuna.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) can chunk light tuna, well drained
- 8 medium portabella mushroom caps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs (2 slices bread)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1Preheat broiler. Brush tops of mushroom caps with 1 tablespoon oil and place on a baking sheet. Broil until almost tender, 3-4 minutes per side. Place cap-sides down on baking sheet.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and saute the pepper, carrot and onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the Cajun seasoning and remaining 2 tablespoons butter; stir until melted.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in the breadcrumbs until well coated. Gently mix in the tuna.
- 4Fill mushroom caps with tuna mixture and top with 2 tablespoons cheese each. Broil until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Tuna Portabella Melts
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.2
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.4 mg
- Sodium 610.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 23.5 g