Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Called Salsa Crolla Cocida, this is one of many similar sauces from teh Dominican Republic, where tomatoes are heavily employed in cooking. Recipe comes from Island Cooking: Recipes of Caribbean Cooking.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 fresh hot pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in the skillet, add the onion, and saute until soft.
- Add the tomato, hot pepper and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until the sauce combines and is think.
- Stir in the vinegar and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with meat or fish.