Recipe by Ck2plz
Called Salsa Crolla Cocida, this is one of many similar sauces from teh Dominican Republic, where tomatoes are heavily employed in cooking. Recipe comes from Island Cooking: Recipes of Caribbean Cooking.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 fresh hot pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in the skillet, add the onion, and saute until soft.
- Add the tomato, hot pepper and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until the sauce combines and is think.
- Stir in the vinegar and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with meat or fish.