Called Salsa Crolla Cocida, this is one of many similar sauces from teh Dominican Republic, where tomatoes are heavily employed in cooking. Recipe comes from Island Cooking: Recipes of Caribbean Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in the skillet, add the onion, and saute until soft.
- 2Add the tomato, hot pepper and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Stir until the sauce combines and is think.
- 4Stir in the vinegar and cook for another 2 minutes.
- 5Serve warm or cold with meat or fish.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.8
- Calories from Fat 491
- Total Fat 54.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g