Recipe by Amy Jo in Chicago, IL
When it's too cold to grill, this makes a fantastic fish dish!
Top Review by soupandsalad
Absolutely refreshing!! I, too, added some flat leaf parsley I had semi-drying and substituted the bell pepper for zucchini. Crushed a couple garlic cloves cause why not. Made a romaine salad ball with lemon and carrot zest on the side, topped with creamy olive oil dressing. Excellent dish for these muggy Wisconsin days.
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper, coarsely ground
- 4 drops red pepper sauce
- green pepper ring
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Place fillets in single layer in baking dish, 12-1/2 x 9 x 2 inches.
- Stir together remaining ingredients except pepper rings.
- Spoon over fillets.
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Remove fillets to warm platter.
- Garnish with green pepper rings.