Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
When it's too cold to grill, this makes a fantastic fish dish!
Make and share this Creole Tilapia recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper, coarsely ground
- 4 drops red pepper sauce
- green pepper ring
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Place fillets in single layer in baking dish, 12-1/2 x 9 x 2 inches.
- Stir together remaining ingredients except pepper rings.
- Spoon over fillets.
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Remove fillets to warm platter.
- Garnish with green pepper rings.
Absolutely refreshing!! I, too, added some flat leaf parsley I had semi-drying and substituted the bell pepper for zucchini. Crushed a couple garlic cloves cause why not. Made a romaine salad ball with lemon and carrot zest on the side, topped with creamy olive oil dressing. Excellent dish for these muggy Wisconsin days.
easy fast fresh tasting recipe. I did add some fresh Italian parsley also to the mixture instead of the basil.
Great recipe! We have fish several times a week and always looking for something different, and I think this was it. I actually chopped up a little jalapeno to kick it up a notch, but overall it was easy, looked great and tasted even better.