Top Review by Susie in Texas
Miller, the taco meat is seasoned just perfectly! I hesitated on that 2nd tablespoon of cumin, but did as you suggested and added half a tablespoon first; tasted, then threw in the other half. This recipe is different and we liked it very much. Only thing we added was a dab of sour cream on each finished taco. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated bell pepper
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 12 large taco shells
- taco sauce, piquante or salsa, recommend medium
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground meat.
- Sprinkle in the seasonings, use 6 oz.
- water to dissolve the bouillon cubes in the microwave, add the cumin slowly and taste.
- Meat should be slightly wet; keep it warm over very low heat.
- Preheat taco shells in oven at 200 degrees F for about two minutes.
- Fill each shell half full of meat, dribble about 1 to 2 tsp.
- salsa over the meat, sprinkle lightly with the grated bell pepper, add the lettuce and cheese, and top with the tomato.
- Get out the napkins cause its gonna get messy, and enjoy!