Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
low cholesterol dish that is sure to please
- 340.19 g lean boneless pork, stir-fry precut
- 236.59 ml tomato juice
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1.23-2.46 ml ground red pepper
- 236.59 ml celery (sliced)
- 255.14 g frozen cut green beans (thawed)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 473.18 ml hot cooked rice
- For sauce, stir together tomato juice cornstarch, chili powder, lemon juice, sugar, red pepper, & 1/4C water. Set aside.
- Spray lARGE SKILLET WITH COOKING SPRAY & heat to medium high heat.
- Add celery stirring for 2 minutes, add green pepper and thawed green beans; stir-fry bout 1 1/2minutes or until veggies are tender-crisp.
- Remove, and add oil to hot skillet or wok, if necessary. Add pork and stir fry 2-3 minutesor until no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- Stir sauce and add to center of skillet /wok. Cook & stir until bubbly & thickened.
- Return vegetables/pork & stir all ingredients together to coat.
- Cook & stir for 2 minutes.
- Servewith rice.
It uses chili powder and cornstarch, which ain't Creole, but no garlic or onion, which are. Tomato juice? Why not whole or diced tomatoes (no need for cornstarch) like Creoles do? There is nothing Creole about it!
This is a different recipe and very enjoyable. I liked the different take on stir fry. I think it would be great with other vegetables too. Made for PAC Spring 2008.
We really enjoyed this recipe. A very different take on stir-fry. I will most definitely make this again. Thanks Chef Simmons for a great recipe.