Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
low cholesterol dish that is sure to please
Top Review by argol
It uses chili powder and cornstarch, which ain't Creole, but no garlic or onion, which are. Tomato juice? Why not whole or diced tomatoes (no need for cornstarch) like Creoles do? There is nothing Creole about it!
- 3⁄4 lb lean boneless pork, stir-fry precut
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup celery (sliced)
- 9 ounces frozen cut green beans (thawed)
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- For sauce, stir together tomato juice cornstarch, chili powder, lemon juice, sugar, red pepper, & 1/4C water. Set aside.
- Spray lARGE SKILLET WITH COOKING SPRAY & heat to medium high heat.
- Add celery stirring for 2 minutes, add green pepper and thawed green beans; stir-fry bout 1 1/2minutes or until veggies are tender-crisp.
- Remove, and add oil to hot skillet or wok, if necessary. Add pork and stir fry 2-3 minutesor until no longer pink. Remove from skillet.
- Stir sauce and add to center of skillet /wok. Cook & stir until bubbly & thickened.
- Return vegetables/pork & stir all ingredients together to coat.
- Cook & stir for 2 minutes.
- Servewith rice.