Slow Cooker Recipe. This recipe was clipped out of a magazine adapted from Brett Favre's Family Chili recipe in Green Bay Packers Cookbook. I changed up a bit for us and will note my changes. My husband liked it because it was spicy and was not overload on the beans. Enjoy
- 680.38 g lean ground beef (I used 1 1/3 pound ground beef and 1/2 pound sausage)
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 118.29 ml green onion, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I doubled)
- 425.24 g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 411.06 g candiced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 283.49 g can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 304.75 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 49.61 g chili seasoning mix (I used Texas Red)
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 2.46 ml creole seasoning
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef (& sausage if added) until no longer pink; drain off fat.
- In a slow cooker stir together meat with all listed ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours.
SO good! I left out the celery and added a small can of corn just for personal preference. I also used hot sausage and ground turkey instead of beef. Served with fritos, sour cream, lettuce, jalapenos, and shredded cheese. Even better the next day! This is a keeper!! Oh, also, I did not make this in the crock pot because we just wanted something to through together quickly, so I sauteed the onion and green pepper then just tossed everything in the pot to simmer for about 30 minutes or so. Thanks for one of my new favorite recipes!!