Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Slow Cooker Recipe. This recipe was clipped out of a magazine adapted from Brett Favre's Family Chili recipe in Green Bay Packers Cookbook. I changed up a bit for us and will note my changes. My husband liked it because it was spicy and was not overload on the beans. Enjoy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (I used 1 1/3 pound ground beef and 1/2 pound sausage)
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (I doubled)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 3⁄4 ounces chili seasoning mix (I used Texas Red)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef (& sausage if added) until no longer pink; drain off fat.
- In a slow cooker stir together meat with all listed ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7 to 8 hours.
SO good! I left out the celery and added a small can of corn just for personal preference. I also used hot sausage and ground turkey instead of beef. Served with fritos, sour cream, lettuce, jalapenos, and shredded cheese. Even better the next day! This is a keeper!! Oh, also, I did not make this in the crock pot because we just wanted something to through together quickly, so I sauteed the onion and green pepper then just tossed everything in the pot to simmer for about 30 minutes or so. Thanks for one of my new favorite recipes!!