1/4 Photos of Creole "style" Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya
I learned this recipe from a friend in Louisiana, it's been a favorite in my house since day one! I've changed it some over the years so I know it's not a traditional recipe, hence the Creole "Style" title! I usually serve it up with some cornbread muffins and sweet tea. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) package loop sausage beef polska kielbasa, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tony chacere's creole seasoning, no substitutes for Tony's
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1Cook sliced sausage over medium high heat in a 6 quart stock pot until slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add bell pepper, onion, celery, garlic and scallions and cook until softened but not translucent, about 4 minutes.
- 3Add cubed chicken breast and worcestershire sauce and cook just until you can no longer see pink.
- 4Add the bay leaves, basil, oregano, sage, paprika, Tony Chacere's, salt, black pepper, tomatoes and chicken broth.
- 5Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- 6Add rice, bring back up to a boil.
- 7Boil for 1 minute.
- 8Cover reduce heat to low, simmer for 30 minutes.
- 9The jambalaya should still be wet, but not soupy.
- 10Ladle into bowls and serve up with some cornbread!
- 11Cook's Note: I find that when cubing the chicken breast it's easiest to do so when it's still mostly frozen and with a sharp knife. Way easier than a wiggly raw chicken breast!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole "style" Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (563 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.7
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Sodium 1562.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 31.5 g