Recipe by yooper
Stuffing kicked up a notch!
Top Review by Krista Smith
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving 2007 and it was very good. The reason that I only gave it 3 stars is that I had to make it in my crockpot (1 hr on high, 3 on low) as oven space is limited at my house. I think if I had made it in the oven it would have been delicious. Everyone commented that they liked the stuffing but it was a bit crumbly for my taste and I just think it could be much better - in the oven! The next time I make this, I'll definitely do it in the oven. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 4 cups cubed cornbread
- 2 cups cubed crustless day-old whole wheat bread
- 1 cup chopped, fully cooked ham
- 3⁄4 cup chopped smoked kielbasa
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons creole seasoning (see Note)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; add enough chicken broth to moisten.
- Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 60 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- NOTE:You may substitute the following spices instead of creole seasoning: 1 teaspoon each garlic powder and paprika and 1/4 teaspoon each cayenne pepper, dried thyme and ground cumin.