A rich stuffed potato with seafood and cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion (chopped )
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped )
- 1/2 lb andouille sausages or 1/2 lb smoked sausage, diced
- 1 lb small shrimp, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter (melted )
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cubed )
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup green onion (chopped )
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1Bake potatoes, and scoop out insides, reserving skins.
- 2Coarsely mash potatoes, and set aside.
- 3Melt 1/2 cup buttter, and saute onion, garlic and bell peppers until limp.
- 4Add andouille; cook 4 minutes.
- 5Add shrimp: cook lightly.
- 6Add 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese: cook until cream cheese melts.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Stir in crabmeat and mashed potatoes.
- 9Mix well, and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- 10If consistency is too heavy, add more melted butter.
- 11Stuff mixture back into potato skins, and top with green onions and Cheddar cheese -- Bake until hot.
Browse Our Top Creole Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Stuffed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.6
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 28.2 g
- Cholesterol 228.9 mg
- Sodium 1047.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 31.5 g