Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A rich stuffed potato with seafood and cream.
Make and share this Creole Stuffed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion (chopped )
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped )
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausages or 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage, diced
- 1 lb small shrimp, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted )
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cubed )
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (chopped )
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese (grated)
- Bake potatoes, and scoop out insides, reserving skins.
- Coarsely mash potatoes, and set aside.
- Melt 1/2 cup buttter, and saute onion, garlic and bell peppers until limp.
- Add andouille; cook 4 minutes.
- Add shrimp: cook lightly.
- Add 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese: cook until cream cheese melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in crabmeat and mashed potatoes.
- Mix well, and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- If consistency is too heavy, add more melted butter.
- Stuff mixture back into potato skins, and top with green onions and Cheddar cheese -- Bake until hot.