Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Love this soup, but I make it less spicy by cutting a bit on the spices.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 quarts water (if you like a thicker soup, put less)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (11 1/8 ounce) cancondensed Italian tomato soup (or regular tomato soup tsp italian seasoning)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 celery ribs, with leaves finely chopped
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon each
- cajun seasoning
- chili powder
- creole seasoning
- pepper, and
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.