Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great, flavorful way to use up little dabs of leftover corn and bell pepper. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup tomatoes, pureed (canned is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup corn, cooked (canned is fine)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Lightly toast flour in butter; add peppers and cook until tender.
- Add soup stock and tomato puree slowly, continuing to stir until soup boils.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Strain, add corn and season to taste.