Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Breakfast potatoes with a slight creole twist
- 2 large potatoes, any kind you prefer
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning, I use Tony Chachere's to taste
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- olive oil
- Wash potatoes ,Put the whole, scrubbed, pricked potatoes into the microwave for about three minutes wrapped in paper towel (time may vary depending on microwave). The idea is to get the cooking process started, but not to actually cook them in the microwave. Potatoes should still be hot.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan.
- Carefully remove hot potatoes from microwave and slice into small cubes, leaving the peel on. Potatoes should not be cooked enough for the skin to slide around or slip off the potato.
- Add potatoes,spices,salt and pepper to the oil, toss, and fry on medium-high heat, covered, about ten to fifteen minutes, tossing occasionally.
- When potatoes begin to look cooked through, remove lid and allow them to brown, tossing occasionally, for about five to ten more minutes. Serve hot.
Yummy potatoes. They were easy to make and very tasty. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.