Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes. I have not made it yet, so I have not made any revisions.
- 1⁄3 cup bacon, Chopped
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 3 cups seafood stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- creole spices
- 2 lbs shrimp, uncooked, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, Minced
- Cook bacon in large, heavy pan over medium heat until fat escapes and bacon is crisp.
- Blend in flour and whisk until it burns a peanut brown color.
- Add celery, onion, green pepper and green onions and cook, stirring until vegetables soften, about 10 minutes.
- Blend in tomato paste, seafood stock, water, lemon juice, sugar and spices to taste.
- Stir to blend mixture into a roux.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer very slowly, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add uncooked, shelled, deveined shrimp and parsley and continue to cook over low heat, just until shrimp turn pink. taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot over hot rice. 4 servings.
I made this dish for my family and they loved it! It makes a little more than 4 servings and is really filling.