Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
So easy to throw together for a brunch/lunch. I'm sure crab would be great in this, too.
Make and share this Creole Shrimp Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces canned medium shrimp, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onions or 1⁄3 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- creole seasoning, to taste (Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning recommended)
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts (basic thin shell)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place refrigerated pie crust in a pie plate.
- Mix first five ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Stir egg mixture into shrimp mixture until combined. Season generously with Creole seasoning. Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until set in the center.
This definitely deserves 5 stars. It's delicious! I used cooked, frozen shrimp instead of canned and increased the quantity a bit. The cheese was a good quality Swiss, not processed and the sweet onion option. I've never used refrigerator pie crust before and was very pleased with it. Made for Jammin' Java Jivers ZWT5.
I used some leftover grilled shrimp and an Italian blend of cheeses and was very pleased with the result. I wasn't sure how much creole seasoning to add and just used 1/2 tsp. I don't think that was enough so would add more next time.