1/1 Photo of Creole Shrimp Jamalaya
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 lb cooked ham, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cajun-style stewed tomatoes, undrained and coppped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1Take tails off shrimp and set aside.
- 2Stir together vegetable oil and flour in a large pot.
- 3Cook over medium high heat stirring constantly for 12-15 minutes or until roux is caramel-colored.
- 4Add ham, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and onion.
- 5Saute 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 6Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, parsley, red pepper flakes, and creole seasoning; bring to a boil.
- 7Stir in rice, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 8Stir in shrimp, cover, and cook 5 more minutes or just until shrimp turns pink.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Shrimp Jamalaya
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 576.8
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 182.7 mg
- Sodium 1013.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 35.8 g