Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This salad is for the adventurous only! It is mindboggling good and spicy with a flare that will tantalize your taste buds! This is the best pasta salad I have ever eaten! The others got so humdrum and boring. :) Not so... this one!!! Enjoy! :)
- 12 ounces bow tie pasta
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups fresh peas, steamed
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons horseradish cream
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Cook pasta according to instrucions on box, rinse well and cool.
- Combine cooled pasta, shrimp ( I suggest medium-sized chilled shrimp), cucumber, tomato, and fresh (not canned) or frozen peas.
- Combine all ingredients following the 2 cups fresh peas and mix well.
- Toss this mixture thoroughly with the pasta, shrimp, cukes, tomatoes, and peas.
- If you're worried about the intensity of the cayenne pepper, add it last and add a little at a time. It tends to be hot! But oh so good!
- Chill well for at least 5 hours so that the spices can mingle .
- Then serve on a bed of Romaine.