1/1 Photo of Creole Shrimp and Lobster Bisque
I watched Paula make this on TV today- Boy does it look good. If lobster is not affordable, you might substitute with canned crab, extra shrimp or as a last resort imitation crab meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 steamed fresh lobster tails
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lb steamed medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 round loaf sourdough bread
- olive oil
- 1Remove lobster meat from shell; coarsely chop and set aside.
- 2In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in flour, and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in chicken broth; cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- 5Add lobster meat and shrimp. Stir in half-and-half and Creole seasoning; cook for 10 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 6Meanwhile cut out the center portion of a round loaf of bread. Brush with olive oil and place on a sturdy cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes to seal bowl.
- 7Ladle soup into bread bowl and sprinkle on parmesan and parsley if desired.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Shrimp and Lobster Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 895.1
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 117.5 mg
- Sodium 1890.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 37.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: