Recipe by KissaMew
This is seasoning mix from "The Gumbo Pages", one of my favorite web places to be. Southern delight and good story telling. The recipe is how he wrote it!
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 5 tablespoons sweet paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- A very versatile seasoning blend. Use this as a base seasoning, and build upon it in your dish.
- Some versions of Creole seasoning blend contain salt -- I don't do that, because I like to control salt content separately. If you insist on this blend being salty, á la Tony Chachere's "when it's salty enough, it's perfectly seasoned!" rationale, start with 2 tablespoons salt in the blend, increasing up to 4 tablespoons depending on your sodium tolerance level.
- Combine in food processor and pulse until well-blended, or mix thoroughly in a large bowl. The recipe doubles or triples well. Give lots of it away as gifts to your family and friends.