Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Keep this tightly sealed in the refrigerator. Use this in you homemeade spaghetti sauces, stews, rice dishes, soups etc... it will add "life" to anything and everything!
- 1⁄3 cup paprika
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt (or use Kosher salt)
- 1 -3 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use more or less to suit heat level)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients and place in a glass jar tightly covered.
- Store in the refrigerator.
I cut this recipe down so that I could get a 1/4 cup....then eye balled the amount down to 2 T (that was all I needed!!) That worked for me!! Thanks...you got me out of a bind!!
WOW, is this "zippy". I made some pinto bean and ham soup and added some of this at the end of cooking and let it simmer for about 10 mins. Perks it up alright and gives it a great flavor. It took about 10 mins to make up as I crushed the onion flakes down with a mortar and pestle. I used Kosher salt and the rest in the amounts ask for. Made for Newest Tag.