Recipe by Kizzikate
A great recipe for "company", this is always a winner when I need to impress! I've made this 3 times, and it hasn't let me down yet!
Top Review by rickoholic83
What a wonderful dish! Very easy to put together and absolutely delicious! Forget about saving it for company, this will be a staple in my house. ;) Thanks for sharing, Kizzikate!
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups white rice, cooked
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed Ritz cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt cream cheese and 6 tablespoons butter in microwave; set aside.
- Saute shrimp, green onions, bell pepper, and celery in remaining 2 tablespoons butter, app. 5 minutes or until just soft.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, mushrooms, hot sauce, garlic salt, Worchestershire, and cayenne. Add the cream cheese mixture and the sauteed shrimp mixture; stir to combine.
- Sprinkle crab meat with lemon juice; carefully stir into shrimp mixture. Stir in cooked rice.
- Spoon into a greased, 3 quart rectangular casserole dish. Top with cheese, then sprinkle with cracker crumbs and paprika.
- Bake at 350, for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.