Recipe by momofpjc
Another recipe from Sugar Busters...yummy! Again, adjust the spice to your taste.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, trimmed and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 8 ounces shrimp
- 24 oysters
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes or 2 cups canned tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in deep skillet or saucepan.
- Saute scallions, pepper, celery and garlic and cook over medium-high heat until tender.
- Stir in shrimp and oysters.
- Cook 5 minutes, then add remaining ingredients, except rice.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in rice, cover and cook 45-60 minutes or until rice is tender.