Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
Andouille or smoke sausage sauteed with cabbage, onions and creole seasoning. This comes from the noted Cajun Chef; Carlyn Shelton. Posted here for ZWT5.
- 1 head cabbage (chopped & drained)
- 1⁄2 cup andouille sausage (smoked sausage can be substituted)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 slice bacon (cut in small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (cajun seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fry bacon and sausage in a large skillet about 15 min., add onions; saute until onions are wilted.
- Add chopped, drained cabbage stir frequently, add sugar and seasonings, simmer until cabbage reaches desired texture.
- Stir in butter right before serving.
- Serve as a side dish or over rice.
I used this as a one dish meal! Increased the amount of sausage a bit to compensate, and used fabulous Conecuh County Original Smoked Sausage. Absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe.
This is a meal in itself. This was delicious. I used smoked sausage. I will make this again. Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
Good cabbage recipe! Love what the creole seasoning does to the dish along with the andouille sausage. Thanks for submitting. Made for Zaar Tag.