Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
we use over broiled fresh tuna and multiply the recipe many times over. you can pile it on over an inch thick. from a recipe in "The Art of fish Cookery", c1965
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 large onion, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup green pepper, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary
- 3⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium flame; add onion, green pepper and garlic; saute 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add salt pepper paprika and tomatoes.
- Bring to boiling point, cover and simmer 15 minutes or longer.
- serve over broiled or baked fish.
- The longer it simmers, the better the flavor.