Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
This takes time to make but it's worth the wait and can easily be canned.
Make and share this Creole Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 3 small finely diced onions
- 2 medium finely diced bell peppers
- 3 finely diced celery ribs
- 20 seeded peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 6 diced green onions
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan.
- Sauté the onion, celery and green peppers until tender.
- Add the tomatoes and seasoning; simmer gently until desired thickness about 4 hour.
- Add green onions and parsley. Simmer another 15 minutes.