Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pancakes with ZING for a unique side dish. From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions or 3 tablespoons scallions, minced
- 3 tablespoons bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup tomatoes, pulp
- bacon fat, for frying
- Fry bacon crisp and add to remaining ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Drop by spoonsfuls into a skillet of hot bacon fat.
- Brown on one side, turn and brown on the other.