Recipe by Chef Shadows
A wonderful baked rabbit recipe. Times include over night marination. Recipe can be adapted to Dutch oven cooking while camping .
Top Review by greg.wolfe
Will make again. Will use chicken if I don't have rabbit. I probably won't cook for a total of 1 1/2 hr(maybe 45min and 10min). I would like to have more juice to serve meat with, may add more wine and or a little water.
- 3 lbs rabbit, cleaned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, such as Kitchen Bouquet
- 8 ounces canned mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Dry rabbit and place in bowl.
- Combine salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion, garlic and vinegar.
- Pour over rabbit, turning pieces to coat.
- Cover bowl and marinade overnight in refrigerator.
- Transfer rabbit and marinade to well-greased baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 450°F oven 1 hour.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over rabbit.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes longer, until rabbit is fork-tender.
- Serve warm.