Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
For the Southern sweet tooth.
Make and share this Creole Pralines recipe from Food.com.
- Place pecans, sugar, milk, and syrup in heavy pan and mix well.
- Slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and cook 2-3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan; uncover and cook, without stirring, until mixture reaches soft-ball stage (234-236 degrees F).
- Remove pan from heat; add butter but do not stir.
- Cool mixture to lukewarm (about 110 degrees), then add vanilla.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until creamy and thickened.
- QUICKLY drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper; let cool.
I don't know if something is missing or I just did it wrong. It never reached soft-ball stage, it stayed a liquid and I just had to throw it out.