1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 35 mins
This is a thick and hearty meatless stew.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped green bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 large potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 12 stuffed green olives, cut crosswise in half
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes.
- 3Add small amounts of water if necessary, about a tablespoon at a time, to prevent drying.
- 4Add remaining ingredients.
- 5Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until potatoes are very tender.
- 6Stir several times while cooking.
- 7Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Potato Stew
Serving Size: 1 (504 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.1
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 444.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stuffed green olives