Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Bella Online
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced, using the tops and about 1 inch of the white part
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1⁄3 cup creole course grainy mustard
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt free cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add a tablespoon of sea salt and reduce heat to medium. Simmer the potatoes; gently stir once or twice until just tender, about 8 – 10 minutes. Do not over cook.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a very large bowl. Splash with vinegar; gently tossing to combine. Allow the potatoes to cool about 20 minutes. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss gently with a wooded spatula.
- In a bowl, mix the mustard, mayonnaise, and creole seasoning. Add the dressing mixture and the celery, green onion, and the parsley to the potatoes. Gently toss to coat. Refrigerate for several hours. Adjust seasonings to your taste. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
A bit too mustardy for me, but otherwise very good. I would reduce the mustard by half next time and increase the mayo.